Sunday, February 21, 2010

Mike Hearts Curling

My husband LOVES watching curling. He likes the game so much that during the winter Olympics it consumes a ridiculous amount of space on our DVR and an unhealthy amount of our marital conversation.
Recap of last night...

I was downstairs fixing dinner and hear Mike talking to himself upstairs.
Mike: Where do you go?
Mike: Oh wow...
Mike: YAAAAAAY!!!!

I hear the TV pause and Mike tromping down the back stairs.
Mike: Guess how much a rock weighs?
Me: I have no clue.
Mike: 42lbs. (Begins conversation with himself) They have 8 rocks so that's 336lbs. I wonder if they all have their own set of Rocks... I wonder if they have two sets... because there's a red and yellow set... Curlers must spend a lot of money on gas... Can you imagine carrying 672lbs around in your trunk?
Me: ummm

Flash forward about 10 minutes. We've carried our dinner trays upstairs and Mike has the remote back in-hand. I have given up all hopes of recapping our weeks and try to try to engage in his love of the game, or match, or whatever it's called.

Me: I wonder if Curlers like bowling.
Mike: What?
Me: I just wonder if Curlers meet up and go bowling... it's kind-of similar.
Mike: No it's not. It's like chess.
Me: What?
Mike: It's a game of strategy; it's like chess.
Me: Babe, there's no ice in chess.
Mike: (Dumbfounded, and starting to laugh) I can't argue with that.
Me: Yay, I win!