Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Learning to let go...

I have a problem... every time I hear about something bad (kidnapping, miningitis, West Nile, autism, clogged tear duct! SIDs, etc.) I get scared it's going to happen to Keller. I have never been a hypochondriac! What in the world has happened to me???!!!

As funny and irrational as these fears may be, they are consuming and unproductive, and I have to find a way to get beyond them. I have to accept that raising Keller is not 100% in my control. Trust in God is so incredibly necessary; I must "let go and let God."

Please say a prayer of peace for me. I am trying so hard to be a good mom, and with a two month old, it's hard to know if I am succeeding. Please pray that I can find a way to balance active love and parenting with letting go. After tomorrow MKB will have been to the doctor 7 times in 9 weeks. We can't go on this way!