Sunday, September 9, 2012

The Little Things

Dear Baby,
We are just shy of 2 months since you entered this world, and already you are by far the most amazing gift I have ever received. There are still times when I cry tears of joy just watching you sleep. It's hard to comprehend that we made you... I give all of the credit to God and thank Him daily for doing such an amazing job.
One thing I did want to do before too much time passed was to write down some of the cute, special, and idiosyncratic moments we've shared so far in our journey together. They are memories I think all of us will appreciate having when you get older.

- You fart (and poop) when you eat
- You love country music; Adele is a close second
- There is a small tuft of hair in the back of your head (some might call it a mullet). Your dad wants to cut it off... he thinks it looks like something someone would have for religious purposes
- You love being in the bath but you HATE getting out
- You suck on your bottom lip when you sleep
- Your dad really wants you to grow a chin
- I don't know a lot of kid songs so I often resort to the Star Spangled Banner when trying to soothe you to sleep (shockingly, you seem to like it)
- You get more lint between your fingers than any human being I know
- We cannot get you to take a paci but you like sucking on your fists and my shoulder
- Your favorite book is "All I See Is Part Of Me"
- I worry about you constantly. You're only 8 weeks old and you've been to the doctor at least 6 times - thankfully, there has never been anything wrong
- I think you might stand before you sit... you love using your leg muscles
- Your dad still likes when you suck on his nose
- When you cry it sounds like you are saying "Ma Ma"
- I sing "Jesus Loves Me" to you every night before you go to bed (something I learned from Katie Menees)
- Right now your best "trick" is lying on the play mat and reaching for the orange giraffe
- You smile quite often and EVERYONE who sees absolutely eats it up
- You like being outdoors
- Your Umi thinks you are always cold (you are also her favorite person on earth)
- Seeing you with your grandparents is one of the most special and surreal feelings your dad and I have ever experienced - it's so cool to see how much they love you
- We dance to a country station on Pandora daily
- Everyone tells me that you are big and have great head control

I love you little man. Thank you for bringing us so much joy and perspective over the past 8 weeks. We can't wait to see what the next 2 months will bring.

I pray you are happy, healthy, safe, smart, and at ease.

-Mom