Friday, June 24, 2016

The Bucys Take Spain


I woke up at 4am this morning thinking oh shit, what in the world have I done!?!? Monday, I leave for Spain with my kiddos in tow - Keller is “three and three quarters” as he will proudly tell you and Lochlan just turned one. We are headed to Granada, Spain to study Spanish and hopefully play some soccer. If you look up Granada, the reviews will tell you two things (1) it’s not a great place to go if you are hoping to mix and mingle with English speaking folk, and (2) it’s hardly the most kid friendly city in Spain. Why did I fall in love with this city while studying abroad over a decade ago!?!?

That night, when I woke up in cold sweats, I called the airline to see how much it would cost to cut our trip short. I almost told the agent to do it. But I didn’t, at least not yet…


So here we go. If you want to follow this crazy adventure, this is where you can do it. If our kids remember me as nothing else, hopefully they will know I was the somewhat crazy, ambitious mom who wanted to expose them to everything beautiful, challenging, and adventurous this world has to offer (and that their amazing dad supported these dreams every step of the way). 

Please pray for safe travels!